Prevention of Decubitus Ulcers
Causes of the disorder
Decubitus ulcers are caused by prolonged pressure. If the body does not move and change position, the pressure of the body will cause some areas to become unventilated and the skin and tissue to die. Inflammation occurs and can even lead to blood poisoning. The formation of decubitus ulcers can also be hastened by skin problems. Prevention means blocking adverse mechanical, chemical and infectious influences from the external environment.
Dermaguard in Prevention of Decubitus Ulcers
- Dermaguard strengthens the skin’s resistance to friction
- it helps delay inflammation and maceration in areas at risk of decubitus ulcers
- Dermaguard-treated skin reduces bacterial multiplication
When and How to Use Dermaguard
Dermaguard can be used as prevention on areas at risk of bedsores. The cream lasts about 4 hours, depending on the aggressiveness of the environment.
Immediate solution for contact eczema and rashes
- The cream forms an invisible long-term barrier against allergens on the skin
- Prevention of skin protection during skin maceration and frequent hand washing. Suitable for dry skin from disinfections.
- Protects up to 6 hours, moisturises, non-greasy, not perfumed