Skin Maceration Due to Gloves
Causes of the disorder
Skin maceration due to gloves occurs due to sweat that accumulates in airtight gloves. The skin becomes moist and steamy. The top layer of the skin swells and gets lines, the skin looks wrinkled. Repeatedly getting steamy damages the skin barrier and it may start to react with inflammations or sensitivity to the glove materials or powder, if they contains it.
Dermaguard for Skin Maceration Due to Gloves
- Dermaguard creates a microfilm on the skin that reduces sweating in gloves
- the microfilm also reduces the absorption of sweat and unwanted substances back into the skin
How and When to Use Dermaguard
Use Dermaguard before putting on disposable gloves. Hands will be less sweaty and skin irritation from sweat and chemicals contained in the gloves will be reduced. Because Dermaguard evaporates from the skin through the action of sweat, the cream’s effect lasts for about 2 hours.
Immediate solution for contact eczema and rashes
- The cream forms an invisible long-term barrier against allergens on the skin
- Prevention of skin protection during skin maceration and frequent hand washing. Suitable for dry skin from disinfections.
- Protects up to 6 hours, moisturises, non-greasy, not perfumed