The most common types of dermatitis in healthcare workers include skin damage from frequent washing and disinfection. Long-term use of disposable gloves leads to the development of allergies to the material from which they are made or to the powders they contain. Facial eczema often occurs when wearing face masks and respirators all the time. The symptoms of such dermatitis are very similar: tight and dry skin, redness, peeling, sometimes itching and the appearance of cracks or blisters.
Up to 20% of occupational diseases have a dermatological diagnosis. The most badly-affected group is healthcare workers.
Dermaguard in Treatment and Prevention of Dermatitis
- Dermaguard reduces the occurrence of contact eczema
- it reduces the formation of sweaty areas and intertrigo under masks and respirators
- it slows down the maceration of the skin in gloves
- it prevents the skin from drying out due to disinfectants
- in case of allergy, it prevents allergens from penetrating the skin
- it acts for 4-6 hours
- it does not wash off during normal washing, with frequent washing it should be applied earlier, as needed
- it does not make the skin greasy, but moisturises it
How and When to Use Dermaguard
Dermaguard liquid gloves are the solution for situations where skin needs to be protected without restricting touch, or where rubber gloves cause undesirable reactions on the skin. Dermaguard - liquid gloves are used as a preventive means of protection. They are applied before work to any part of the body at risk of dermatitis, except the mucous membranes. The cream can even be used to soothe the first signs of dermatitis. If the disease is developed and active, it is important to treat the skin first and start using the cream only when the skin is healed. This will prevent the problem from recurring.
Dermaguard cream actively helps to prevent and support the skin’s natural healing process for bedsores and related skin irritation problems. Another important aid in skin protection can be the use of braces, prostheses, orthotics or stockings.
Dermaguard liquid gloves do not replace disposable gloves.
Immediate solution for contact eczema and rashes
- The cream forms an invisible long-term barrier against allergens on the skin
- Certified personal protective equipment suitable for production plants, surgeries and homes.
- Protects up to 6 hours, moisturises, non-greasy, not perfumed