Intertrigo in Children
Causes of the disease
Intertrigo in children is mainly caused by the action of fluids - sweat, saliva and urine - and friction. If skin is wet for a long time, it macerates and gets sweaty, and friction caused by inappropriate clothing, diaper elastics, bibs, wet wipes and so on easily abrades it. The skin then reacts with redness and burning. The manifestations are local. The patches form sharply demarcated red areas, small or larger pimples often merge into larger areas.
Dermaguard in Treatment
- Dermaguard protects the skin from the effects of sweat, urine and saliva
- it reduces the multiplication of bacteria on treated skin
- it lasts up to 6 hours, no need for a new application after washing
- it can also be applied to the face, neck or chin
When and How to Use Dermaguard
Dermaguard is a preventive agent. It prevents skin irritation and thus reduces the occurrence of intertrigo. If it is used after intertrigo is cured, it prevents the problem from recurring. It is suitable for application on any part of the body except the mucous membranes. It is not suitable for acute treatment of an ongoing inflammation. Dermaguard is not primarily intended for infants and due to its paraben content, it is not recommended for use on the diaper area of children under 6 months of age.
Immediate solution for contact eczema and rashes
- The cream forms an invisible long-term barrier against allergens on the skin
- Prevention of contact eczema, intertrigo, rashes, diaper dermatitis
- Protects up to 6 hours, moisturises, non-greasy, not perfumed